This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1940s-1960s. It is a traditional Lone Star Quilt Pattern. This piece is exceptional for its museum-worthy hand sewing, its crisp points, and its beautiful hand quilting. This is a technical masterpiece! In our opinion, the quilt is thin, very soft, and light weight. It is important to note that the quilters chalk lines can still be seen throughout the jacket. It almost looks like the piece was quilted in pink thread. We cannot stress how rare and special it is to find these bright colors in this condition. They are not found often and we count it a blessing to work with these special quilts. Overall, this quilt is in excellent condition! If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary