This is an American antique quilt made circa 1940s. It was made in the traditional 8 Point Star or a Touching Star quilt pattern. The quilt is masterfully hand quilted with very tiny stitches and is also hand sewn. We consider this a scrap quilt as it contains multiple decades worth of fabric. Including, many historical feed sack fabrics. This quilt has not seen a lot of pre love and is in excellent condition. It is thin, soft, with a little loft. This piece was made by a master and the fabric combinations are absolutely rogue. This Market Jacket is a cropped style with two generous pockets. We have added clear lucite floral buttons as closures.
- This is a thin and lightweight quilt.
- The buttons are antique black, beaded buttons that we have tried to show photos of but because they are black they do not show up very well in the photos.
- For your convenience, this coat has a hanging loop at the back of the neck.
- This coat is size Small (0-6). Please reference measurements for specific fit.
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
22” top of back of neck to the bottom of the hem
21.5” laying flat, armpit to armpit, buttoned coat
25” shoulder seam to bottom of arm, uncuffed
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.