This is an antique, American quilt. It has been beautifully hand-quilted, hand-pieced, and hand-appliquéd. Each appliqué has been sewn by hand. In addition to that, the small textural details, the centers of the flowers, bird's eyes, beaks, and feet, were all hand embroidered. We cannot credibly date this quilt. It is important to note that this specific appliqué is very rare and after a very long search we could not find it anywhere in our quilt encyclopedia. We do know that this quilt is an absolute masterpiece and a rare find. It is our favorite piece in this collection and it is absolute wearable folk art. We have tried to include detailed images of the individual flowers and birds. Our favorite quilt square in this piece is the blooming cacti.
- In our opinion, this quilt is very lightweight, very thin, and very soft, with a little batting/puffiness.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to the bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.