This is an antique, American quilt made circa the 1890s-1920s. It is made in a variation of the traditional Broken Sugar Bowl quilt pattern. It has been masterfully hand-quilted and hand-sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. We cannot express enough how extraordinary these stitches are. This piece also contains various different rare and highly sought-after antique indigo fabrics from this era. It is important to understand that the quilt top was made in the specified above decades. However, it is clear to us that it was finished and backed at a much later date. The backing of the quilt appears to have been from the 1970s, making this piece a bit of an enigma. For fabric snobs, this quilt could give you whiplash because the eras of the significant fabric used are certainly an unusual combination. If you like to wear your Helen jackets inside out, this will certainly give you a fun and psychedelic styling option when worn inside out. We have included photos worn inside out for your convenience towards the end of the listing.
- We consider this quilt to be thin, lightweight, and not overly drapey. It does not appear to have seen a lot of pre-love. Thus the jacket holds its structure more than many of our other jackets
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to the bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.