This is an antique, American quilt made circa 1890s.-1920s. The fabrics and color combinations in this piece are just stellar. It is both beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn which is a labor of love and a lost art. This is a summer weight, very thin, very soft, and very light weight quilt with a beautiful drape. PLEASE NOTE: The rust colored calico fabric in the star is very vulnerable. It is also very hard for us to capture this in a photo because the damage blends into the pattern of the fabric. We have included the best photo we could capture at the end of the listing. If you want more information please direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send a video. Even though it does not look like it the rust fabric is vulnerable and in some places you can see tiny pieces of batting showing through. The jacket is priced accordingly. This Helen looks beautiful worn inside out and we have provided many photos documenting this.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.