This is an antique, American quilt made circa 1920s. This is the traditional Touching or Reaching Star quilt pattern. It is important for us to emphasize that the hand work in this piece is masterful. Both the stitching and hand sewn pieces are breathtaking. This quilt is made from a cotton sateen. It was thought that sateen was more hardy than regular cotton and would last longer. As a result, there is a very low grade sheen on the fabric. And an additional perk of the sateen is that this piece is extremely soft to the touch. This is a thin and light weight quilt. Because of the excessive hand stitches in this quilt it is not one of our draper pieces.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.