This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s. It is the traditional around the world quilt pattern built with rectangular blocks instead of square blocks. The color and fabric choices in this piece are extremely unorthodox as you are able to see the contrast of pastels and lighter fabrics against deeper, darker fabric choices. We love the way this quilt laid out as our Helen jacket pattern. This piece is an excellent candidate to be worn on the reverse as the lavender and turquoise and orange fabric on the reverse side of this quilt adds a charming upbeat vibe to the overall aesthetic. This piece has been beautifully hand quilted and meticulously hand sewn. It is in overall exceptional condition for its age. We believe this beauty has seen very little pre-love. Lady Lancaster found this in a quilt collectors’ home in rural Lebanon, Pennsylvania. We consider this to be a lightweight quilt with a little loft and thin and soft. It does not have a “huggier” body drape as it has not seen a lot of love considering its older years.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.