This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s-1920s. It is the Irish chain quilt pattern with the addition of a beautiful flag border. This piece is hand quilted. It came from Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. It is a summer weight quilt, meaning there is no batting and the piece is extremely light weight and thin. This piece also hugs your body, with the perfect drape, moves like a dream, and is just a wonderful piece to wear. Do not overlook the border on this piece as it added a higher level of technical difficulty and is just a wonderful elevated element to the overall artistry of this hand crafted beauty. The back of the quilt (inside of the quilt) is a complimenting chocolate leaf motif. This jacket will be just as beautiful worn on the reverse as it will be worn with the business side of the quilt too.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.