This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s-1920. It is the traditional churn dash quilt pattern. This piece is beautifully hand quilted and unbelievably hand sewn by a master. The quilt is a summer weight meaning there is no batting, it is extremely light weight, and a very thin quilt. Summer weight quilts were made, not for warmth, but for aesthetics only. This is a good piece for you if you live in a warmer climate or do not want the bulk of normal quilt. This piece is in excellent condition for its age however the white fabric do show some discoloration and some bleeding from the surrounding brown fabrics. We have tried our best to give you visuals of this in the listing. However the discoloration is very subtle and does not read in the photos. If you want more details please direct message us on Instagram.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.