This is an American Antique quilt completed in 1935. It is a traditional Dresden Plate Friendship quilt, but in reality this quilt was used as a guestbook for the attendees of the 1935 Open Door Convention. This piece is an ABSOLUTE one of a kind museum quality relic. This piece is highly collectible. Based on our research the Open Door convention was a confluence of Philathea, Baraca and other church groups. Philathea was a women's Bible class organization, and if you notice all the names on the Philathea plate are women's names. Conversely Baraca was the male equivalent. Words can not express how much time went into this. It is loaded with hand embroidery, and all the names seem to be completed by the same maker. In addition this piece is beautifully hand quilted. It goes without saying that this piece is an absolute Hall-of-Famer and a Lady Lancaster 10/10. Please note the contrasting blue cotton backing fabric (inside of jacket). The cotton used on this quilt is a high end, very luxe cotton. This piece is a dream to wear and amazing to look at! In our opinion the quilt is extremely soft, thin, lightweight, and has an amazing drape. There are few small age marks in the inside of the jacket that we were unable to lift. They are so subtle that our professional photos did not pick them up. We have included iphone photos at the end of the listing for your convenience. If you have further questions please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.