This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s-1915. It is a variation of the traditional Churn Dash quilt pattern. This piece both beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn. It contains rare and valuable hand spun gingham, indigos, and novelty fabrics from its era. Our favorite fabric on this quilt is the backing(inside of the jacket). It is a French floral and rarely seen. This fabric can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn inside out. We have provided photos at the end of this listing detailing the multiple ways this jacket can be worn or appreciated. This quilt is a summer weight quilt it was made for aesthetics rather than warmth. It means it is very thin. It is soft, lightweight with a beautiful drape.
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.