This is an American antique quilt made circa 1890s - 1920s. It is a traditional Postage Stamp quilt pattern. This piece is an absolute stunning show off, with so many different fabrics from its era including rare and valuable indigos and home spun ginghams. It is in excellent condition. We love the contrasting calico fabric on the back of the quilt (inside the jacket). This quilt is both hand quilted and hand sewn. Each Postage Stamp measures 1-1.5 inches squared. This quilt is nothing short of a masterpiece and took hundreds of hours to complete. In our opinion the quilt is thin, soft, lightweight with a little loft (batting).
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.