This quilt is an absolute masterpiece and we cannot say enough about it. It is an American antique quilt made circa 1920s-1930s. The base or the foundation of the quilt is an Odd Fellows, an Album or the Cross Patch quilt pattern. We have rarely seen a quilt with this many hand embroidered names and with the embroidery being this tiny. We did some research on this quilt and could not find a conclusive answer on whether or not this is a family tree, a church quilt, or a friendship quilt. In our opinion this piece has a beautiful drape, it is very thin and soft with thin batting. Not only is the quilt loaded with hand embroidery it is also masterfully hand quilted and hand sewn. Please note: some of the hand stitches are coming loose, as a result you will see zig zag mends throughout, we have added a few photos at the end of this listing to illustrate the mends. Please direct message us with any questions and we would be thrilled to follow up with more video footage. This piece is more of an art statement or a folk art piece and not the kind of piece that you would want to wear on an everyday basis.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.