This is an American antique quilt made circa 1890s-1920s. It is a traditional Churn Dash. This piece has been beautifully hand quilted. It contains many rare fabrics from it’s era. We are obsessed with the floral fabric on the inside of the jacket (back of the quilt). If you like to wear your Helens inside out, this piece is a showstopper when worn inside out. The quilt is thin, lightweight, and butter soft with a great drape. Please note: due to the high saturation from the fabric on the back of this quilt there is color bleed throughout. It was very hard for us to capture this in images, it mostly shows on the yellow sections of the quilt. We have done our best to include photos of this at the end of the listing. If you would like to see additional photos or videos please direct message us for details.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.