This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s -1950s. This is an exceedingly rare Cactus Flower quilt pattern that we have been wanting to work with our whole career. This is the first one we found and we are thrilled at how perfectly it fits on our Helen jacket pattern. This piece is extraordinary not only for its rare pattern but for its tiny pieces, crisp points, and beautiful stitching. This is a collectors piece. It is important to stress that there is a lot of yellowing and age marks throughout the white fabric. Please see videos at the end of the listing for visuals and if you want more information please direct message us. In our opinion, this is a thin, buttery soft, light weight quilt with an amazing drape. This piece hugs the body and moves beautifully. This jacket will also look great turned inside out because the quilt backing is a complimentary green.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.