This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930's to 1950s. It is is a traditional Broken Star quilt pattern. This piece is hand quilted and hand sewn which is a labor of love. This quilt contains some zigzag mends throughout and it is important to note that the quality of the hand stitching is that of a rooking. Which means that the stitches are not dense or tight and there is some gaping or space between stitches. We have added photos at the end of this listing to illustrate these details. These rainbow broken stars are becoming harder and harder to find. They look striking as one of our Helen jackets. It is also important to note this quilt is not heavy but it does have more loft (batting) . If you are looking for a jacket that is not only a piece of art but a piece to cuddle up with, this jacket is for you. It feels like a giant hug. PLEASE NOTE: THIS JACKET IS NOT PRICED WITH FUR, however we do have a fur in stock that we believe looks great with this piece. We have included a few photos of the jacket with the fur for your convenience, if you would like to purchase the fur for this jacket please contact us!
- This jacket features side vents for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two generous pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most-Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.