This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1920s-1940s. It is a traditional Crazy quilt. It contains plush velvets, fine wools, flannels, tweeds, and cottons from its era and previous eras. This is considered a scrappy quilt which means the maker collected scraps from her sewing box and used them to complete this piece of art. The piece is loaded with hand embroidery, mostly in the form of turkey track stitching done in rainbow colored threads. Crazy quilts were often used to exhibit the makers stitching repertoire and this is no departure. This is an extremely artsy piece, if you are looking for more of a comfy wear everyday piece this is probably not a good candidate for you. This is a total statement piece, we consider it to be in excellent condition. However, there are some vulnerable spots here and there on the black silk velvet. In our opinion, this quilt is thin, light weight, with no batting and no loft. Please see the video at the end of the listing for more details and for a visual of the velvet fabric vulnerability that we discussed above. In our opinion, this is a thin, light weight quilt, with no loft or batting. It has beautiful movement and drape.
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.