This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1930s-1950s. This was made from a very popular quilt kit to celebrate Americana. We have had several gold eagles but never a rose. This piece is a true museum quality artist piece. It also can read pop art depending on how it is styled. Let's discuss the technical construction, the quilt is exceptional for its crisp points. Dense hand quilting, and its meticulously hand appliqué stitches. The hand appliqué stitches are so tiny that we struggle to show them even in our video at the end of the listing. This piece was made by a master. It is in excellent condition. In our opinion, the quilt is thin, light weight, very soft, and made with luxe cotton. The quilt has a little loft (puffiness).
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.