This is an American, antique quilt. We cannot credibly date this piece but we can tell you all the fabrics used are from the turn of the century. It contains many rare and valuable antique indigo fabrics as well as mens shirt scraps and a few homespun ginghams. The quilt is hand knotted using yellow embroidery thread. Which in our opinion adds depth and texture to the overall aesthetic of the quilt. The backing of the quilt is a small scale black calico fabric that can best be seen when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn inside out. In our opinion this quilt is thin, medium weight, with a little loft and a great drape.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.