This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s. This is a the 25 Patch quilt pattern. This piece is exceptional for its hand quilting, its hand sewing, and its excellent condition given its age. There are so few quilts from this era with these fabrics that have survived the test of time in this way. It was an absolute honor to work with this piece and to offer it to you. The egg plant floral fabric on the back of the quilt (inside of the jacket) shows sun bleach from hanging on a waistline. The business side of the quilt shows little to no sun bleach which tell us that the maker and owner of this quilt took special care to protect the fabrics on the outside of the jacket. In our opinion this is a 10/10. It is thin, light weight, soft, excellent drape, with very little loft (puffiness.)
- This is a very lightweight quilt and also thin. It hugs the body beautifully. It also moves and drapes exceptionally well.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.