This is an authentic, antique American quilt made circa the 1890s-1920. It is a variation of the Jacob's Ladder quilt pattern. This piece has been hand-quilted and meticulously hand-sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. If you like to wear your Helens inside out, this is a wonderful candidate for you. The backing fabric, inside of the jacket, is a stunning neutral print that we are obsessed with. It is in excellent condition. If you do want this jacket for inside out wear, please let us know through Direct Message and we can sew the tag into the back of the jacket for your convenience. Currently, the tag is a storybook hang tag.
- In our opinion, the quilt is extremely butter-soft. It has a dream drape and movement. It is very lightweight, very thin, with little to no loft (puffiness).
- We consider this quilt to be lightweight, thin, with a little loft (puffiness), soft, with a beautiful drape.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.