This is an authentic, antique quilt that is made in the traditional Log Cabin quilt pattern. It is a very, very unusual colorway and it is a two-color quilt. It is beautifully and densely hand-quilted and hand-sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. This quilt is special not just for its hand stitching but for its rare Greek Key border which we have done everything to preserve and exhibit at the hem and cuffs of this jacket.
Please note: due to the hand sewing, there are some loose stitches throughout. It was very hard to capture this in photos, as it is very minimal. We have included an iPhone photo at the end of this listing for a visual example.
- In our opinion, this quilt is thin, and lightweight, butter-soft, with a little loft (puffiness) and a good drape.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.