This is an authentic, antique American quilt made by Ella Seaton from Meta, Missouri in the year 1941. We know this because she signed and dated the quilt. We have preserved her note and sewn it to the inside of the jacket. We have added a photo in the listing of this.
It is the traditional Broken Star quilt pattern. These Broken Stars are becoming more and more rare and hard to find and this one was so humbling to work with. Not only is it hand-quilted and hand-sewn, but the detailed chevron border takes this piece to a whole other level. In addition, we would like to point out the strategic quilt patterns in the negative space of the quilt, the blue part of the quilt. The center point is a triple star. Overall, we are just smitten with the quilt patterns used in this piece and were thrilled to work with this beauty.
- In our opinion, the quilt is lightweight, medium thickness, very soft, with medium loft (puffiness). It is also very important to note that we believe there are some poly blend fabrics used to make this quilt.
- There are also some mild areas of color bleach on the blue fabric. But it was so faint our photos could not pick it up. If you would like more details of this, please message us and we would be happy to send you a video.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.