This is an authentic, antique American quilt made circa the 1890s-1920s. We were unable to identify this exact quilt pattern in the quilt encyclopedia; however, it is definitely a variation of the Fool's Square quilt pattern. It is hand-quilted, which is a labor of love and a lost art. There are three different fabrics used for the backing of this quilt, inside of the jacket, and they are all gorgeous. They can best be seen when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn inside out. If you like to wear your Helen jacket inside out, this is a great jacket for you.
Please note: some of the white-colored squares have mild yellowing from age. We tried to capture this in photos; however, it did not transfer well to the photos because the yellowing is so faint. If you would like more images of the yellowing, please send us a direct message.
- All of the fabrics in this jacket move and drape beautifully.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.