This is an antique, American quilt made in the traditional Crazy Quilt genre. We believe this quilt was made circa the 1930s; however, most of the fabrics are pre-1930s. It is hand-sewn/pieced and hand-knotted, but there is no quilting on this piece. It is an excellent fabric study with darling, novelty fabrics and what we believe to be French florals throughout. We have included photos of some of our favorite textiles in this piece at the end of the listing. Some of these favorites include the equestrian rider, a mother and baby kitten, and an indigo crescent. The backing of the quilt, inside of the jacket, is a navy and mustard abstract fabric that can be seen when the jacket is worn inside out or when the cuffs are rolled.
There are a few age marks throughout and a few zig-zag stitch mends that we have included pictures of at the end of the listing for full transparency. If you would like further details on any of these specifics, please direct message us.
- In our opinion, this quilt is very thin with no batting/ loft. We do not consider this quilt to be heavy. However, it is heavier than you would expect, given that there is no batting, due to the massive amounts of fabric that are in this quilt.
- This jacket features side slits for generous movement and a beautiful drape.
- This jacket has two clear snaps at the tips of the collar that secure the lapel if desired.
- This jacket has two pockets.
- Fold the architectural collar down to create a lapel if desired.
- The Helen Jacket has a generous fit and is not meant to have a tailored look.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
36” back of the neck to the bottom of the hem
23” shoulder seam to bottom of sleeve
36” laying flat, armpit to armpit
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years old and are perfectly worn. We believe this is what makes them special and is part of their charm. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend only spot cleaning if necessary.