This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890-1915. It is the traditional Eastern Star or Texas Star quilt pattern. The quilt is masterfully hand-quilted and hand-sewn, using very tiny stitches. It is important to note that the fabrics in this quilt are studies from American textile history, as it is loaded with homespun ginghams. Notice the calico fabric on the back of the quilt, inside of the jacket. Please understand it is very hard to find earth-toned, more neutral palette quilts that have stood the test of time, like this piece. If you love to wear our Ethel jackets upside down, this piece will look fabulous styled in that fashion.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are familiar with our Aunt Ethel pattern, you know that our Ethel sleeves are typically very generous. This specific quilt has 1.5-inch shorter sleeves, which will be perfect for average to petite sizes. If you consider yourself to have longer limbs, this is not a good candidate for you, unless you prefer 3/4 inch sleeve lengths.
This quilt has some age marks and tanning of the light-colored fabric throughout. They are very faint and hard to see in our professional images. We have included an iPhone image at the very end of this listing, with a visual example.
- In our opinion, this quilt is very thin, very lightweight, drapey, with a little batting/loft/puffiness.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart