This is an American, antique/vintage quilt made circa the 1920s-1930s. This piece was made in the traditional Irish Chain quilt pattern. It is hand-sewn and hand-quilted, which is a labor of love and a lost art. The color combinations in this quilt are extremely rare. To see lavender and cheddar against a green ground is unheard of. the quilt is backed with what seems to be a green muslin fabrics, which can best be seen when the cuffs are rolled or when the jacket is worn upside down.
- We consider this quilt to be exceptionally soft, very thin, very lightweight, with the perfect drape and a little bit of loft (puffiness).
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.