This is an American, antique quilt made circa the 1930s-1940s. This is the traditional Album quilt pattern. This piece was not quilted by a master and very well could have been quilted by a rookie. It is hand quilted, however, not masterfully quilted by any means. There are quite a few tiny strings exposed in the quilting throughout this jacket. We have tried to capture this in the last two images of the listing. If you want a video regarding this specific characteristic please direct message us and we would be happy to give you as many details as needed. The colors and fabrics used in this quilt are delightful and reminiscent of the 1940s. Perhaps our most favorite part of the jacket is the charming fruit fabric on the inside of the jacket (back of the quilt). This can best be seen when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn upside down.
- We consider this quilt to be thin, with medium loft, it is soft but dense.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart