This is an American, antique quilt made circa the 1930s-1940s. This beauty was made in the traditional Economy Patch quilt pattern. If you love masterful, tiny hand stitches, this piece is a good candidate for you. The hand quilting is extraordinary in this quilt. It is also hand-sewn. This quilt contains multiple men's shirt scraps.In addition, the fabric on the inside of this jacket is beautiful chambray, blue color, which in our opinion, adds depth to the overall design of the jacket and can best be appreciated when the jacket is worn upside down or the cuffs are rolled. There is a very faint age mark at the top of the shawl collar. We have included a photo of this age mark at the end of the listing. There are also one or two very tiny marks on the inside of the jacket that we have also given a visual example of at the end of this listing.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are familiar with our standard Aunt Ethel jacket, this jacket has one inch shorter sleeves than our standard pattern.
- We consider this quilt to be thin and butter-soft, with a beautiful drape, as well as, lightweight, with a little loft (puffiness).
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart