This is an American, antique quilt made circa the 1890s-1915. It is the traditional Ocean Waves quilt pattern. This piece is an exceptional fabric study from its era and it's loaded with indigo and other very rare fabrics for its age. It is in excellent condition. This piece is beautifully hand-quilted and hand-sewn. It is backed with ivory muslin.
- In our opinion, this quilt is thin, light weight, with little to no batting. It is soft with an excellent drape.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart