This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1890s-1920s. It is a traditional Windmill or Pinwheel quilt pattern. This piece has been beautifully hand quilted and expertly hand sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. In our opinion the piece de résistance of the entire quilt is the backing fabric, it is absolutely extraordinary. It blends well and adds so much interest to the piece. This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn inside out. If you like to wear your pieces inside out and upside down, this is an excellent piece for you! This quilt is very soft, it has loft but the loft does not make it thick clumpy or heavy but makes it super comfy and a dream to wear. The quilt's colorway is perfect for fall. This is a Lady Lancaster 10/10. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.