This is an American antique quilt made circa 1890's-1920's. It is a traditional Economy Patch or Thrift Block Quilt Pattern. It is both beautifully hand sewn and hand quilted. The backing fabric is a navy and white homespun gingham. This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn upside down. If you love to wear your Ethels upside down this a great jacket for you! We have attempted to show you multiple styling options below in this listing. In our opinion, this is very thin, very lightweight, with a great drape. There is no batting or loft in this quilt. Please Note: The sleeves on this jacket are one inch shorter than our standard Ethel pattern.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.