This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1920's. This is a traditional Tam's Patch quilt pattern. This piece has been beautifully hand sewn and hand quilted. The color combinations and fabric prints are very rare and just shy of genius. We have never had this quilt pattern before. Please note the gorgeous calico backing fabric(inside of jacket) that adds to the overall design of the piece. This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or the jacket is worn upside down. In our opinion the quilt is very soft and has medium loft but not heavy or bulky. It is the perfect fall piece. There are a few watermarks on both the outside and inside of the jacket that we could not lift in our washing process. There are also a few zig zag mends. We have included photos at the end of this listing for your convenience. Despite these imperfections this is a Lady Lancaster 10/10 for its hundreds of hours of hand work, unusual pattern, cozy factor, and very rare pallet. If you have further questions, please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.