This is an authentic, American quilt made circa the 1890s-1920s. This pattern has been called many things throughout the years. It can be referred to as Hopscotch, Mosaic, Ann & Andy, or Triangle Tiles. The quilt is beautifully hand-quilted and hand-sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. It contains a vast amount of rare, antique indigo fabrics. These indigo quilts are becoming harder and harder to find and are true collectibles. This piece is in excellent condition for its age. We love the contrasting fabric on the backing of the quilt, and inside of the jacket.
It is worth noting that the fabric on the inside of the jacket has some sun bleaching. We have tried to include a photo of this for your convenience. If you would like additional images, please direct message us and we would be happy to send detailed videos.
- In our opinion, the quilt is very thin, very lightweight, with little loft (puffiness). It is soft cotton with a great drape and very comfortable to wear. If you like to style our Ethels upside down, this is a great piece for you.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on Instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via Instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.