This jacket is made with two different antique quilt tops from Lady Lancaster's Library. The first is a postage stamp quilt pattern and the second is a Grandma's Garden Quilt Pattern made in the 1930's. The jacket is completely reversible. As a result, the styling options are endless. We have added various styling photos below for your convenience. This is what we consider a future heirloom, as it is a one of a kind, very rare piece designed by Lady Lancaster. This quilt is NOT hand quilted. It was quilted by our friend Zoe with her Long Arm. The quilt is very thin, very soft, lightweight, with a little loft (batting or puffiness). Please note, the sleeves on this jacket are shortened by 1.5”. If you have further questions please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.