This is an Antique American quilt. Made circa 1890s-1919. It is a Four Patch in a Nine Patch quilt Pattern. It has been beautifully hand quilted. The quilt contains an excess amount of rare and valuable antique indigo fabrics. It is also backed with homespun ginghams. The quilt is exceptional for its tiny pieces and high technical skills. It is very rare for pieces from this era that contain these black fabrics to stand the test of time, we our honored to have had the opportunity to work with this legacy piece. Please note there is some sun bleaching in this piece which is why the indigos are ombre shades. We have attempted to show this in many of the photos below. In our opinion the quilt is thin, light weight, soft, with a little loft(puffiness), and has an excellent drape. This is a Lady Lancaster 10/10. If you have further questions please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
International orders may be subject to additional taxes and duties according to the legal requirements of the country of import.