This is an Antique American quilt. Made circa 1930s-1940s. It is a traditional Jacob's Ladder quilt pattern made in a very non-traditional colorway. This piece has been hand quilted and hand sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. We love that the backing fabric is also lavender. This makes the jacket a great candidate for multitask styling. The quilt has a little loft (puffiness), but it is not bulky and is light weight. In our opinion this jacket is very soft, has an excellent drape and is very comfortable to wear. Please note: there are a few age marks throughout,, but are unable to capture them in our photographs, they are very subtle. If you have further questions please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.