This is an vintage American quilt. Made circa 1960's to 1970's. It is a traditional Grandma's quilt pattern, however it is made using very untraditional colors and fabrics. Whoever made this was an absolute rogue and free thinker. This piece has been meticulously hand quilted and hand sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. One of our favorite things about this quilt is the floral paisley backing fabric(inside of the jacket). If you love to style your Ethel jackets inside out and upside down, this is a very fun wardrobe addition. We have added photos at the end of the listing to give you a visual of some of the styling options. This jacket is thin, light weight, soft. It does hold its structure so we would consider it a medium on the drape scale. If you have further questions please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.