This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1940s. It is the traditional Grandma's Garden quilt pattern. This piece is extraordinary for its beautiful hand quilting and meticulous hand sewing as well as its tiny pieces. Please understand, this is an absolute labor of love and a lost art. We consider this quilt to be very thin, very light weight with a little bit of loft. There is a little bit of color bleed and slight yellowing on the ivory muslin fabric which we have shown you in the last two photos of this listing. Overall, this quilt is in exceptionally good condition.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart