his is an Antique American quilt. Made circa 1862 we know this because the maker hand embroidered the date, 14 Feb, 1862. We are calling this our Valentine's quilt! This patch can be seen as a focal point on the front of the jacket. We have reason to believe that the quilt top was made much earlier and the quilt was completed by a different maker. The quilt backing feels like it is a cotton-poly blend which would not have been invented when the quilt top was made. It is a rare treat to see this beautiful brown fabrics in such good shape. Overall this quilt is in excellent condition. There are a few very small age spots throughout that we could not pick up with out high-res camera but we have added an iphone photo at the end of the listing as a visual. In our opinion the quilt is very soft, comfortable to wear, thin, light weight, with a little bit of loft or puffiness. If you have further questions please direct message us and we are happy to send you a video.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.