This is an Antique American quilt made circa 1890s-1910s. It is a traditional large scale Orange Peel. This piece is exceptional for its dense and meticulous hand quilting and hand piecing. We would be remiss if we did not draw your attention to the fact that it is highly uncommon for quilts with these specific fabrics to stand the test of time as well as this piece has. Please note the beautiful contrasting brown calico on the back of the quilt (inside of jacket). In our opinion this fabric takes the jacket aesthetically to the next level and allows the piece to be worn both inside out and upside down. The quilt is very thin, very light weight, soft , with a perfect drape. This is a Lady Lancaster 10/10. If you do not like making friends, do not buy this jacket.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.