This is an Antique American quilt. Made circa 1900s to 1920s. This quilt is a traditional Jacob's Ladder quilt pattern. This piece is nicely hand sewn and hand quilted. We love that you can see the contrasting threads on the inside of the jacket. In our opinion the quilt is very soft, light weight, thin, with loft(batting or puffiness). Please note the sleeves on this Ethel are 1 inch shorter than our standard Ethel pattern. So if you have long arms or like a really bulky cuff this may not be the best option for you. It is important to note that the color in some of the images reads darker than the jacket is in real life. The colors in this quilt are clearly indigo/navy and blueish gray/slate.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.