This is an Antique American quilt. Made circa 1930s to 1940s. It is a traditional Postage Stamp quilt pattern. This piece has been beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn, which is a labor of love and a lost art. We love the contrasting navy fabric on the back of the quilt(inside of the jacket). When looking at the navy fabric you can best see the beautiful quilt stitches and we have added a photo of this towards the end of the listing for your appreciation. In our opinion the quilt is thin, lightweight, soft and has a good drape. Please note this piece contains some juvenile fabrics from its era.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.