This is an Antique American quilt. Made circa 1930s-1940s. It is a very rare Lonestar quilt with satellites. This piece has extra smaller stars which are referred to as satellites in the quilt world. We were able to accentuate the satellites as a way of preserving the makers original intent on the shawl collar. This piece is extraordinary for its hand quilting, hand sewing, and its crisp points. Overall it is in excellent condition, there are a few minor zigzag mends throughout. It is clear this piece was much brighter and has experienced sun bleaching throughout its lifetime. This one goes out to all our clients who ask for earth tones or are sunset lovers. In our opinion the quilt is thin, soft, lightweight, with a great drape.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible.
- We do not accept returns! If you have any doubt, please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.