This is an American antique quilt made circa 1920s-1930s. It is the Traditional Trip Around the World quilt pattern. This piece is beautifully hand quilted and it appears to be a mix of hand piecing and machine piecing. The fabric on the inside of the jacket (back of the quilt) is absolutely charming. This can best be appreciated when the cuffs are rolled or when the jacket is styled upside down. In our opinion the quilt is thin, very soft, very lightweight with a little loft (batting). It is important to note that overall this quilt is in excellent condition, however there is a small area of color bleed or color transfer and it also has an age mark on the inside of the jacket. We have included photos of this at the end of the listing for your convenience. Please direct message us if you would like to see additional videos or photos.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most - Model is 5’4 and approximately 125lbs
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.