This is an American Antique quilt made circa 1930s. This pattern is often called the clamshell, the sugar scoop, or the sea shell quilt pattern. This piece is exceptional for its hand quilting and hand sewing, which is a labor of love and a lost art. In our opinion this quilt is thin, soft, lightweight, with little to no loft (puffiness). There is one seashell patch on the back centre of the quilt. The color is cerulean, we have added photos at the end of the listing for your convenience. There is also a string caught in between the quilt layers that appears to be a water mark, we have also captured this in photos at the end of the listing. If you have any questions at all regarding this jacket please DM us and we would be happy to help in any way.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.