This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1920s-1940s. It is the 8 Point star, Eastern Star, or Shoofly quilt pattern. This quilt is beautifully hand quilted. Perhaps our favorite thing about this piece is the contrasting green and black calico fabric on the back of the quilt (inside of the jacket). This can best be seen when the jacket is worn upside down or the cuffs are rolled. In our opinion, this quilt is thin, soft, light weight, with a little loft (puffiness or batting). This piece has not seen a lot of pre -love so it does hold its structure more than some of our pieces. It is not an overly drapey piece.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.