This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1950s-1960s. We cannot perfectly identify the quilt pattern but according to Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia it is closest to the Compote Quilt. This piece has been hand quilted. It is made with extremely soft fabric. There are a few tiny age spots throughout but they are very tiny and did not show in the photos we attempted. This quilt was a participant in a quilt exhibit in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. In the exhibit it was referred to as The Cake Stand. The fabrics are charming, adorable, and feminine. The quilt has a beautiful drape. PLEASE NOTE: THIS ETHEL IS ONE OF OUR PETITE STYLE AUNT ETHELS WHICH MEANS IT HAS SHORTER SLEEVES AND LESS FABRIC IN THE BODY. THIS IS FOR OUR PETITE QUILT JACKET LOVERS.
If you have any questions about Petite size vs. Regular Ethel patterns please direct message us on Instagram for videos and more detail.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.
Add To Cart