This is an American, antique quilt made circa 1890s-1915. It is a 9-Patch Irish Chain quilt pattern. This piece is beautifully hand quilted and hand sewn. It is very rare for turn of the century piece that have brown textiles in them to be this well preserved. We are fortunate to have worked with this piece. In our opinion, this piece is thin, light weight, with a little loft (batting). Please note: There is a water stain on the inside of the jacket that does not show through to the outside of the jacket. We could not lift this when we washed the quilt. We have added a photos at the end of the listing so that you can get a visual on exactly what we are referring to. If you have further questions regarding this water mark or anything else about the jacket please direct message us.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.