This is an authentic, antique American quilt made circa the 1940s-1950s. This quilt pattern has been referred to as the Periwinkle, Hummingbird, or Snowball pattern throughout history. It is extraordinary for its masterful hand quilting, crisp points, and hand sewing. In our opinion this quilt is a Lady Lancaster 10/10 it is super thin, super lightweight and very soft with an excellent drape. Please note: we have document three small age marks that we were unable to lift during our washing process. Please find photos at the end of the listing. Please do not hesitate to DM us, we would be happy to send you more details.
This jacket has a coordinating child’s jacket which is very rare, please see website for matching jacket if interested in a mommy & me.
- This is a very light weight, very thin quilt.
- The shawl collar allows for several different style options. This jacket is meant to be worn right side up or upside down.
- This jacket has two clear snaps that disappear into the fabric at the bottom of the shawl collar to help the lapel drape nicely.
- The Aunt Ethel has slouchy shoulders and a generous fit, keeping in line with its bohemian roots.
- One Size Fits Most
- If you have any questions about this jacket please direct message us on instagram and we will answer your question as quickly as possible. We do not accept returns. If you have any doubt please do not purchase. For sizing questions direct message us via instagram and we will be happy to send videos showing how our jackets fit.
Please note that all of our jackets are made from antique quilts and the fabric reflects this. Our fabrics are sometimes older than 100 years and we believe that makes them perfectly imperfect. This is what makes them a one-of-a-kind piece of art. All of our garments are pre-washed in a special restoration quilt wash. We recommend spot cleaning if necessary.